Friday, January 28, 2011

50th Birthday Wrestling Video


Several years ago on my 50th birthday Shea and I wrestled and both took second place in the Prosser Freestyle tournament. I can't find the finals video, which is too bad because I got choked out twice and lost. The last time I woke up and thought I was in the hospital. I couldn't figure out where I was until someone told me it was my birthday. My response? "Well if it's my birthday, I'm supposed to be wrestling...so where am I?" Some young kid: "Dude, it's your birthday! You're on wrestling mat!" Me: "Really? I thought I was in a hospital."

The sad thing is that I had beat that wrestler the last 4 times I had wrestled him. Oh well. It was a pretty cool 50th birthday party regardless. I was planning on wrestling until my 55th birthday, but after seeing me on video and how ponderous I have become, I'm tempted to quit--Today!

3 comments:

Rangi said...

Dude, that is awesome! I feel half inspired to try and wrestle until I am 50. It looks like you have another 10 years in you easy. Those drags looked slick, the throw was sick (sick good), but my favorite was the punishing front head locks. You've got quite an arsenal of offense to choose from. I hope I still have that many tricks in my bag when I am 40. I was seriously impressed.

Sarah said...

Amen to Rangi's comments. I cant believe it took you so long to post that. Very impressive! I have also been choked out in a match and I was sure I was at my home in Arizona sleeping when I came to. What a bad feeling it was when I realized I was actually at a wrestling tournament in Pennsylvania and still had a period and a half to finish! You are the man D. Well done!

From Rocky.

Saimi said...

Darrell, Darrell, Darrell...Remember, "Never give up, never surrender!"