Monday, December 23, 2013

Rughead

Exhibit A, Rughead circa 1972

Exhibit B, Rughead circa 1973

Exhibit C, Rughead circa 1974

 
Sans rughead circa 2012
 
When Shea had longer hair, Sheila and I were often asked about his beautiful curly mop, "Where did that come from?"  Snick has fielded similar questions about Evelyn, "That's some pretty crazy hair!  Who'd she get that from?"  The answer is always the same: "Darrell."  The reaction to this bit of information is invariably a look of incredulity.  So as proof positive that I once sported
 an unruly rughead, i.e.., a loose, seldom-needed-to-be-combed Afro for much of my adolescence, I offer exhibits A, B and C. 
 
In those days I actually cared about my do, and accordingly demanded critically important hair care products to insure the right scent, body and look for my hair.  Now, Gillette Fusion razors every third day is all I need.  I'm happy knowing that I'm saving a lot of time and money by being follicle challenged. More importantly, I'm relieved that I never have to worry about a bad hair day.  However, the reality is that at times I truly miss my hair.  And if by some miracle it was immediately restored, you better believe that I'd be rocking the rughead just like I did between 1972 and 1975! 
 


Evelyn--3rd Generation Rughead.

Shea--2nd Generation Rughead
The rugheads just chilling.

 

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Holy Muscles!!!I have to admit I am proud that our boys have Smart blood pumping through their veins. The Rughead is pretty awesome too(:

Rocky said...

Exhibit C was the first original sighting of the Wolverine to be.