Monday, December 29, 2008

The Chubby Bunny on Vertical Ice!



We only get cold enough weather in Yakima every couple of years ice climb. The last time we went Horsetail Falls was sketchy (more water than ice) to say the least. The day after Christmas, Nick Jordan (Syd's fiance), Brent Burnett (Darcee's husband) and I drove up Chinook Pass to Horsetail Falls to check out the ice. The ice was solid but melting. I led the climb rather clumsily, but safely. Brent's new ice tools are amazing.



Me on lead.










Nick ice climbing for the first time.



















Nick on rappel.












Brent on rappel.













Brent showing how to use his amazing new ice tools.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Hello! It's your birthday buddy. Love your photos!! We're at kevinandlisahenry.blogspot.com

Darcee said...

that's pretty awesome for a chubby bunny. Love the photos! I linked your blog to my blog so you can ride the wave of my popularity to an extended viewer base.

Rangi said...

I am so jealous. That looks awesome!

Rocky said...

Awesome post! like my brother, I too am jealous and would love to follow that chubby bunny up an ice climb!