Monday, March 2, 2009

Rollin Like a 3rd Grader!

OK, so I turned 50 something and for my birthday ended up working from early in the morning to sundown. I finished work at the office just in time to go home, get a bite to eat and head to the Stake Offices for High Council. Sheila (AKA "Chuck Norris of Stadium Kitchen") had a tray of beautifully decorated cupcakes to take to High Council. I querried, "Don't you think I'll look just a little bit like a 3rd grader on his special day bringing treats for the whole class?" With all of the sincerity she could muster she replied, "Don't worry Big Guy, they're carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Honestly, what 3rd grader would be caught dead bringing 'healthy treats' for his special day?" I thoughtfully mused and agreed. (I have been a sucker for a pretty face since about the 3rd grade. When the Shewolf speaks, all I can usually see is her beautiful brown eyes and I somehow I end up agreeing with whatever she proposes.) To my chagrin the absurdity of a 50+ year old showing up to a professional setting with treats in hand to celebrate his special day, didn't register until I walked through the door with my loaded tray of spectacularly decorated cupcakes and caught a look of everyone's faces. I was had. I was rollin exactly like a 3rd grader, anxious to celebrate his special day with the entire class. The real "frosting" of this event was the delicate pastel purple napkins she included for my "friends." Several days later, President Grow inquired with a bit of a smirk, "So how was your 'special day'?" "Life is good President, I'm still rolling like a 3rd grader?" was my only response.


I have earnestly tried to remind the She Wolf that I've got a bit of a "rep" to protect:
-I don't golf. I roll with young men on a wrestling mat.
-I have never watched a tennis match on T.V. I am addicted to Ultimate fighting.
-I will never belong to the Country Club. My best friends are blue collar guys.
Men like me cannot just show up with spectacularly decorated cupcakes and then expect there not to be consequences. You cannot just pretend the whole cupcake thing never happened. People talk.

For clarification of my identity, I am posting a pic from a couple of weeks ago to prove that I am not a quiche eating, golf loving, Country Club type....honest!

4 comments:

Rocky said...

They have obviously never read the hammer pants post, or they would not be doubting you. Oh, and Sarah must be a 3rd grader as well because she was jealous and is requesting cupcakes for her 23rd bday on St. Patty's.

Darcee said...

Love the shiner pic! You can't deny your popularity when you show up with treats to Dry Council. You know that was the most exciting thing to happen on a Tuesday night in months. Shewolf better be prepared to deliver on the next special occasion!

chelsea said...

I still think you're tough Big D!! So does anyone that has done yardwork with you at 2am with a head lamp strapped to their forehead!

Susi Daw said...

Hijole Darrel. You have me and Susi rollin with your posts. We are instant fans.