Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Petunia Boy

Many thoughtful members of my vast worldwide readership have inquired, "What special powers could a superhero named 'Petunia Boy' possibly possess?" Thank you for your inquiries, both expressed and unexpressed. I have included some pictures of what Petunia Boy might produce. Now in all candor I can't really say that production of flowers, arranging flowers or maintaining perennial garden beds could actually save the world in a moment of crisis, but a superhero named Petunia Boy might nevertheless possess some other inate and spectacular special qualities that would only emerge in a time of dire circumstances. Unless the world becomes in need of his unique and special gifts we'll likely never know. Until then, let's all just enjoy the flowers.


















































These flowers were picked a couple of Sundays ago. 4,000+ square feet of perennial flower beds produce enough flowers do at least one arrangement every day of the week from April until first part of October. I usually only have time, however, to cut flowers Sunday evening after Church meetings. Especially now that I have a greenhouse and spend my time "puttering" in it when I have a few minutes. Now, if only I could muster some superhero powers to eradicate the weeds...

4 comments:

Sydney said...

I bet Petunia Boy always gets the girl. Everybody loves flowers.
PS I LOVE the yellow Irises

Rachel Elder said...

I agree with Syd, what girl wouldn't love Petunia Boy sweeping them off their feet with one of those bouquets! Your flowers are beautiful!

Saimi said...

What's even more manly is a Wolverine who can arrange flowers.
Don't give up on your inner super hero!

Anonymous said...

I think I like Petunia Boy much better the Pres, Wolverine. Beautiful flowers as always.