Monday, November 2, 2009

Double Down on the Wolverine Talisman




On Monday, I took a big chance. A very big chance. Shea gave me a most excellent "Wolverine" T-shirt for Father's Day. This is a very cool shirt and I only wear it on special occasions. I decided to experiment and see what wearing both the Wolverine belt and the Wolverine T-shirt might produce when I went fishing. I suspected that this would be something akin to Gandolf the Grey accepting possession of "The One Ring" in Lord of the Rings. It would be a power too awesome to consider. Well, on Monday I wore both "The Belt" and "The Shirt" fishing. Suffice it to say that I was almost magical. I landed 19 fish in total. Although I missed a lot of fish, I was still regularly hooking up big fish. I was pretty picky and kicked off a number of fish that were foul hooked, small or Chinooks (You can't keep Chinook on the Klickitat after November 1st). Nevertheless, I placed 6 fish in the cooler. Most importantly, I ended up being one fish away from filling out my catch card. A first for me. Say what you will, but I will never even think about fishing without first putting on my most excellent Wolverine Shirt (Thank You Shea!) and strapping on the Ultimate Talisman, the Wolverine Belt. Above is a picture of me with a nice Steelie hen caught on a fly rod a few years ago.

7 comments:

Saimi said...

Yes the Wolverine is a most excellent fisherman! I'm confident if you had the claws you would be catching those fish barehanded!

Darcee said...

Go Wolfie! I couldn't be prouder!

Brent said...

Big D,

You've taken it to a whole new level. Legend tells of a legendary fisherman, whose fishing skills were the stuff of legend!...You are that man.

Unknown said...

You seem to be a fine fisherman, I hope you and Lil D can come fishing with us in Alaska next year. I won't brag too much but a few years ago I caught a 120 lb halibut, put the boys to shame. If you really enjoy fly fishing you should talk to my dad about the fly fishing trip we took to Katmai National forest, one of the best experiences of my life! All the fishing you could ask for. Float planes would fly you to a different river each day and a chef would prepare your meals morning & night. Talk about being in the middle of no where though, sounds like a perfect place for Wolverine!

Carrie Snider said...

Hey there! Just found your blog! :)

Rachel Elder said...

Im impressed! Wolverine Pride Baby! Looks like you had a great time and got some great fish! I always love reading your blog:)

Susi Daw said...

And all this happened without the presence of.... King Chinook.. aka ... Iron Man. Inconcievable. Where the heck did you go anyway? Or is that one of the great Wolverine secrets?