Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Coconut Bra Dance Invite




As my faithful, vast worldwide readership well knows, I never exaggerate. You may rest assured that the following story is entirely accurate and would meet the Paul H. Dunn veracity test for inclusion in any Sunday talk or gospel discussion. Sheila and I were enjoying a Polynesian dinner show on the final night of our stay in Bora Bora when the hotties in coconut bras decided to get a little crazy and invite dinner guests to join them. Even though I am mostly reticent to draw attention to myself via public exhibitions of self expression, I was nevertheless silently screaming, "Pick Me! Pick Me!" Unfortunately, I was afraid of appearing a little too enthusiastic in front of my bride. The Polynesian dancer closest to us, asked some very soft looking, self-absorbed French guy with a protuberant belly who declined her invitation and instead chose to nurse his red dinner wine. She then asked another skinny and self-important Frenchman with a toucan sized beak who apparently would rather continue to suck on his entirely offensive dinner cigar as opposed to dance with a Polynesian hottie in a coconut bra. Say What?! Fortunately, I was the next closest male in the crowd. I'm sure she couldn't have missed the eager look in my face, essentially begging to be embarrassed in front of total strangers. Yes, I was chosen to dance with a Polynesian hottie in a coconut bra. Woohoo! What a way to end a most excellent trip to French Tahiti. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but a Japanese friend, we met on the trip, Hirofumi Nakatsuji had a camera and kindly took a picture of Sheila and I after we danced with our Polynesian friends. It's an axiom of life that if you are asked by a hottie in a coconut bra, "Would you like to dance with me?" the only acceptable answer is: "Woohoo! I'd love to!"? For the life of me, I will never figure out the French.
Above is a picture of the legendary dance troupe and our friends from Japan, the Nakatsujis.

5 comments:

Darcee said...

I'm glad all your wildest dreams have now come true. What a perfect ending to a perfect vacay. And BTW, I just pounded an enormous, homemade, hot fudge milkshake last night.

Sydney said...

I'm sure you did not hesitate to bust out some "Smart Family Dance Moves."
Lets be honest - you know they were impressed by your unique moves and killer rhythm.
I will admit that for you since the Smart's are known for their unwavering humility.

cheryl said...

I loved your truthfulness. Just wish you had a video of that dance. It could be valuable. What a GREAT trip!

Rangi said...

Awesome story, totally worthy of being used in a gospel talk or lesson.

Spencer Daw said...

I must admit that the title of your post kinda grabbed my attention. It must be the unrefined dude in me... Of course, if I were in your place, I would have never desired to dance with any coconut wearing hottie except my own, Susi. (OK, truth be told I'm just looking to score some points with Susi here, I'd do the coconut dance in a heart beat.. :)
Oh, and by the way: The first kiss story is on our blog. You just have to go back a couple of posts..