Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Vast Worldwide Readership


Some have inquired, "What exactly does it take to declare your Blog as a blog with a 'vast worldwide readership'?" While there is little empirical data to support my boast that, in fact, I do serve a "vast worldwide readership", I simply know that its true. I have never trivialized my lofty sense of worth with needless details. Regardless, of actual support for my claim, my "vast worldwide readership" is more an ideal than anything. But to satisfy any pointless inquiries concerning this matter, let me cite to several unassailable facts, which clearly establish my Blog as having a "vast worldwide readership":

1. People have viewed (and commented on) my Blog from far flung foreign countries (Chelsea while in Africa and in South America);
2. People who follow and comment on my Blog have been to foreign countries and are bi-lingual and bi-cultural (For example, consider Rangi (France and French) and Rocky (Brazil and Portuguese);
3. I myself, as author of Darrell's Yakimania, was married in a foreign country (Canada);
4. I can use chopsticks;
5. I am very friendly with foreigners (Take for example, my Chinese neighbor who has a very lyrical name that is fun to say);
6. I eat at Antijitos Taqueria at least twice a week.

If these facts do not qualify me for vigorous boasting as enjoying a "vast worldwide readership" I don't know what does. To be certain there are many other very impressive facts that could have easily been marshaled as proof of the vast worldwide nature of my Blog, but as most of you probably know hyperbole has never been my style.

By the way, the She-wolf and I are celebrating our 30th Anniversary this June. We are discussing what exotic destination to make our romantic get-a-way in late 2009. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are thinking something that assists with the whole "worldwide" concept of my Blog would be appropriate.

12 comments:

Saimi said...

Congratulations and a happy June Anniversary! How about a romantic
Mediterranean Cruise. The husband and I are planning one for our 25th

Nick said...

May I suggest the remote tropical island of Tavarua. Located amongst the many Fiji islands Tavarua is home to Restaurants and Cloudbreak, two of the most insane perfect waves on the planet. After I saw your skills in the frozen waters of Oregon, I knew you were ready for a bigger challenge. See link below for what Darrell and Sheila will be experiencing for their big 30th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbV546QZKoE&feature=related

Darrell said...

Nick--good call. I knew you would come in handy as a son-in-law.

Darcee said...

I'm with Saimi. The Mediterranean would be amazing. I think you might need to brush up on your surfing skills before tackling "Cloudbreak."
P.S. I'm not so sure your list quite qualifies you as having a "world wide" readership, although it was definitely funny and entertaining.

Rangi said...

I disagree and would say your list definitely proves and strengthens your title of vast worldwide readership. In fact my word verification right now happens to be hashloma, which I would say is middle eastern.

Mary said...

You should definitely go check out Kansas. I hear it's flat. Please verify.

chelsea said...

Mambo from Tanzania! Your blog is read even in Africa! But don't bring mom here. I think you guys should go to Fiji or England--go hard or go home.

chelsea said...

Mambo from Tanzania! Your blog is read even in Africa! But don't bring mom here. I think you guys should go to Fiji or England--go hard or go home.

cheryl said...

Darrell, Rick and I have traveled to Tijuana Mexico and are definitely readers of your blog, so we too are part of your vast worldwide readership. We don't recommend it for your Honeymoon though. I'm pretty sure you will find a better destination.

Sydney said...

May I say I am offended that you have forgotten your favorite little Fifi! I not only kept an eye on your blog while in France, but also in other countries in Europe including England, Holland, Ireland, Italy, and Greece. I alone have put you in the World Wide Readership Zone. As for the ANNI.....you better take Shell some place spesh. Got the abbrevs? Okay good. Let me suggest a few tropical locales....
Fiji (Nick's got you covered on that one)
Turks and Caicos
Ibiza (an island of the coast of Spain) Everyone in Europe talks about how incredibly beautiful and private it is. You could swing by Paris on your way out? Just a thought.

Darcee said...

May I suggest that you post more often than once a month to keep your "vast worldwide readership" actively reading the juicy details of Darrell's Yakimania.
Just a suggestion...

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/aplikasi-apotek-online-terbaik