Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tom

When our kids were little we used to play a game with them called "Guess Who." I am not sure exactly how this got started, but I am laying the blame directly at the feet of my most remarkable No. 3 daughter--Sydney. I believe Syd suggested to her siblings that I somehow look like Tom, a character in the game. Personally, I don't see it, but Tom nevertheless stuck visa-vis moi. In an act of disobedience that would place any child's inheritance in jeopardy, one of my children secretly removed Tom from the game and posted him on the fridge, where he hung for many years. Everytime, I removed Tom and threw him in the garbage, he would mysteriously reappear on the fridge. I eventually tired of this game and just played along. I am pretty sure this most dangerous act was to remind everyone in our family what a doofus I am. At least that's how I interpreted this 15 years ago. Actually, it still kind of feels like that.



Regardless, the question remains: Can you look like Tom, and still be uber-cool like me? I have included a survey above and would like your feedback only if your answers are a, b, or c. (In fairness to my children, I used to wear glasses more consistently than I do now.)


9 comments:

Darcee said...

I choose Option E: ABSOLUTELY!!! Ha! How can you even deny it? The brown helmet hair, the big blue eyes, the round glasses and the goofy ( albeit endearing) smile? That is Darrell K Smart circa 1992.

chelsea said...

Dear Tom, I mean Dad,

You cannot in all seriousness deny that you posed for this picture. Its tots you. XOXO

PS. Guess Who Tom needs to make comeback on the fridge. I'll leave that up to #3:)

Sydney said...

Ha! I'm with #1. I choose option E. 1992 was a good year for you Tom. I also agree with #2, Tom may be reappearing on the fridge!

Anonymous said...

I believe an option was left out as Darcee pointed out, my vote option E. There is however a hit of Wolverine that was obviously waiting to escape in 1992!


Your family is awesome but you already knew that :)

Nancy said...

Sorry, Big D. Gotta go with your girls on this one. Too funny! :) If it makes you feel any better, I don't think any of us parents comes across as the uber-cool person we know we are on the inside. Keep on rockin' that inner Wolverine!

Mary said...

Whatever you do, never wear a red turtleneck.

Kim said...

Option A: Absolutely not!!! (So does that mean WE'LL get your inheritance?)=)

Sydney said...

Haha. Mary- thank you for the idea! I will definitely be getting "Tom" a red turtleneck for Christmas next year!

Rangi said...

That guy does look a bit like you but if it makes you feel any better he could be Randy just as easy.